VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Design Practice applies design thinking, visualization and experience to solve problems and bring life to our clients’ stories, visions and voices. We bring together multidisciplinary talent to make the most complex ideas tangible and meaningful for the audiences that matter most.
The Senior Designer is responsible for helping the team define a design direction on specific assignments. He/she also partners with the Lead Designers to oversee the designers.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
• You will assist with the creation of visual Designs, typography, visual concepts, logos and icons.
• You will brainstorm creative concepts with the project team and help develop original campaigns.
• You will integrate big ideas across multiple mediums including TV, print, digital, regardless of budget.
• Ideally you will get direction and run with it. We’re looking for self-starters, go-getters, and other hyphenated-type characters who don’t need hand-holding to make something great.
• More responsibilities…you’re ready for the next level.
• You will be selling your work—not just to clients, but to your peers and colleagues.
(AKA The kind of stuff we’re looking for in your painstakingly-aligned résumé.)
• 1-3 years of experience in the agency space
• Book smarts: a bachelor’s degree in Design or a portfolio school education focused on Design/art direction
• Smart book: an engaging portfolio
• Team player tendencies
• Impressive problem-solving skills and adaptability
• No huge egos. Or even medium-size egos. In fact, no ego is better. Okay maybe like a teeny-tiny ego (because you ARE human after all*).
• *You are, right? You must be human. That is definitely a requirement.
• You are rational, but innovative.
• You’re a conceptual creative thinker, strategically applying ideas across all channels.
• You’re receptive to constructive criticism and able to learn from your mistakes.
• You have a naturally curious mind and a passion for applying pixel-perfect Design to creative concepts.
• You’re ready to spitball and spit-shine ground-breaking ideas with a great, passionate group of people (no real spitting necessary).